A Turkey dish is a must for the dinner whether it is Thanksgiving, Christmas or New Year celebration. There is nothing that can beat the taste of dishes made with wild Turkey breast. With wild Turkey breast recipes, you can leave an overwhelming impression of your cooking skills and the magic in your hand on the guests that come home for the celebration. Starting from stuffed wild Turkey breast dish to poached and glazed wild Turkey breast, there are a lot of possibilities to make your taste buds explode with different dishes. The followings are two most popular wild Turkey breast recipes.
- Stuffed Wild Turkey Breast Recipe
¼ cup of chopped mushroom and chopped parsley each, ½ cup of grated cheese, artichoke hearts, and freshly ground pepper each, 2 minced garlic cloves, 1 teaspoon of kosher salt and 1 pound turkey breast, olive oil in a small bowl and twines.
- Heat the oven to 350 degrees. In the meantime, put the mushrooms, artichokes, cheese, parsley, garlic, salt, and pepper in the food processor and let them blend well.
- You need to butterfly the turkey breast and keep it to ¼-inch thick. In the end, you should end up with a rectangle of dimension 10×6.
- On the pounded turkey, you need to put the artichoke mixture. Make sure you leave an inch from the edges. Then you have to roll it from your side and make it into a tight cylindrical shape. At last, truss the breast with twine.
- It is time to coat the turkey in olive oil and add some salt and pepper as per your preference. Then place the turkey on the hot skillet and make it brown from all sides.
- Finally, bake the turkey in the oven and bake it for half an hour. Once done, transfer it on a cutting board and let it rest for 10 minutes. Then remove the twine and slice and serve for dinner.
2. Glazed Wild Turkey Breast Recipe
1 Turkey breast with skin on and brined, 4 tbsp butter, 3 tbsp honey, 6 tbsp whiskey, 2tbsp orange juice, 1 tbsp grated orange rind, ½ teaspoon cayenne, 1 cup turkey stock, salt and pepper, and foil.
- First of all, you need to preheat the oven to 325 degrees. In a skillet or Dutch oven, heat two tablespoons of butter until it begins to bubble. Then sprinkle salt and pepper on the Turkey breast.
- Then put it on the skillet with the skin facing the butter. Let the skin become brown for 5 minutes. Now sprinkle salt and pepper on the other side and turn it over. Add the Turkey stock and cover it with a lid and transfer to the oven.
- Again, in the skillet, add 4 tablespoons of butter and let them melt over medium heat. Add the honey and stir once. Then keep on adding whiskey and orange juice, orange rind and cayenne and whisk them all. Put them on low heat and let them become half the volume with time. Once done, turn off the heat.
- By now, the turkey has cooked for at least 10 minutes. Brush with glaze and cover with foil. After 20 minutes, brush the remaining glaze and leave off the foil and set the temperature to 400 degrees. Let it cook for 20 minutes or as long as the internal temperature reaches 150 degrees.
- Finally, remove the turkey from the oven and cover with foil and wait for 10 minutes before slicing and serving your family members and guests.
You can always improvise with side dishes and seasoning and different spices to add your own touch to these dishes.